Wednesday, January 13, 2021

So I'm trying to write every now

I’ve spent the last month trying to find something new because I’m unemployed once again. As a part-time community college instructor who has not risen to the height of full-time instructor, our classes and our income can be cut for under enrollment. Every period I am assigned classes, re-employment preference of some sort (more like torture at this point), yet up to 2 weeks before class those classes can be cancelled. This time the news came the week of Christmas followed by several well wishes to enjoy the break. So happy holidays you broke bitches?

To get out of this unstable cycle of never knowing if I am going to work, if I going to have income, if I can make future plans, I have tried to look for other work. Shift careers I suppose. I’ve applied for well over 50 jobs in the past year and none have called back. So fuck it.

Now I’m going to do what I do, write, think, talk, listen to records. I am going to promote myself. I so deeply desire validation, often allowing people devalue how I value myself, leading to depressive entrapment. Allowing grumpy trolls to infect my value. I won’t say no more, but I will say validation is internal. So bye dirt on my shoulders, bye linkedin, and hello me I guess.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment